Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our Trip to San Francisco


On our very first ride on the cable car! We got to stand on the side, at the very front. The cable car was our favorite way of getting around.



Fish and chips at Fisherman's Wharf

This was our hotel, The King George. It was old, the rooms were small, it was right downtown, and we loved it!!! It was the perfect location and was quite cozy.

This is the world's curviest street. Cars line up at the top to drive down.



The coolest thing about public transportation in San Fransisco is all the antique buses and street cars. It feels a bit like riding back in time.

China town was really cool. It was fun wandering into the little shops and looking for souvenirs for the kids. The best part of the day was the restaurant we found. We tried to find one that was authentic Chinese and I think we did pretty good. They only gave us chopsticks and some tea at our table- no water or utensils, which was scary for me since I am no good with chopsticks. The food was so good though, and I figured it out by the end of the meal.








The houses behind us are called the Painted Ladies.  We both remembered them from the opening credits from the show Full House.  I spent so many Friday nights watching that show on TGIF!


We walked down the hippy area of Haight-Ashbury but only took this picture. We figured we already stood out enough without taking pictures of the crazy shops and dreadlocks.



Having a sundae at Ghiradelli square



Christian was brave and looked down at the water. I was way too chicken and stayed about three feet from the edge at all times. I guess I'm scared of heights!



2 comments:

Lizanne said...

This makes me miss California so much! I am glad you guys got to go on such a fun trip just the two of you! It looks like you had an great trip!

Unknown said...

LOVED FULL HOUSE :)