Monday, March 17, 2008

Wow that Kid is Fast

I remember days not too far gone when I made comments like, "When is Jack going to crawl?" and "How much fun will it be when Jack can walk." Well, now I am regretting those words. Jack is one fast baby. Turn your head for a second and he is into something that he shouldn't be into. We learned our lesson with the whole eating plastic E.R. incident and so now we watch him like hawks, but he still manages to get into trouble. One of his favorite pastimes is destroying our t.v. antenna. (Yes, I did say t.v. antenna...We don't have cable or satellite dish. I am a recovering t.v. addict and this way chores get done and Jack and Christian get meals!) Anyway, Jack has already broken one of our rabbit ears in half and loves to crawl over and pull on the cords that go to the antenna. We have blocked that area off with his bouncy chair but he still tries to get over there. I caught him in the act today and thought I would share some pictures of our little mischief maker.


This is the first time I caught him trying to get back at the cords.



The sneaky kid figured out that it was easier to get in there by crawling. Kind of a tight fit though.


Getting caught!

If he is this fast and mischievous on his hands and knees, I can't wait to see what life is like when Jack can run!

6 comments:

Lisa in AK said...

All I can say is OH BOY! I think he takes after his Dad aka "sneaky Kiki". The faces when he's found out sure are cute though.

Branden said...

What a smart little kid. So we shouldn't be hoping that our little Marina will start crawling soon? I know we're gonna regret those wishes as well.

Lizanne said...

What a cutie! Why are babies so drawn to cords!? Kirsten always goes for the computer cords, I am constantly turning her away from the cord! Here is my little trick (although it might not work for Jack) I put a pillow, or something to cover the cord in the wall so she doesnt see it, then she forgets about it and isnt drawn to it too much! It's worth a try.

Carly said...

Hooray for updates! :) What a little stinker! He really is "momma's little monster"... But the cutest monster ever, just look at that face! Maybe you should get somthing to wrap all the cords in, or tape them down maybe? Good luck!

Holly said...

We tried so many different ways to keep Ella out of the naughty stuff - piles of pillows, books, the "chairicade" (a wall made of chairs turned on their sides) pretty much everything and yet she always managed to get into stuff. I can't say she has outgrown it either. She can now open doors, climb over her baby gate, and move furniture and toys to help her climb higher to reach even naughtier stuff. But at least we are never bored :) Looks like you have a few years of similar excitement in your future!

Connie said...

Man, you are in for it when that kid learns to walk! He's adorable!