Well, I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures of the bike trip I went on at the end of May. We rode the White Rim Trail, the same ride as last year with the same group of guys from work and had a blast. I won't post a ton of pictures because they look a lot like last year's, but we had a great time, and this year no one broke their collarbone! Yaay.





Here's a picture of a little bike project I've been working on. I've started taking the bus to work, and the bus stop is about 1.5 miles away from our house. I got tired of walking to it, so decided to get an old clunker that I could ride to the stop and load on the sketchy bike racks that the busses have. I found this sweet old road bike from DI for $20, and have cleaned it up, stripped off the derailleurs, cables and junk and replaced the handlebars, pedals, crank. I also recovered the old black seat with some matching white vinyl , and painted the white parts on the fork and rear chainstay. Now I just need a new rear wheel with a fixed gear to complete, but so far she works great! I've spent around $65 so far, which isn't bad.
1 comment:
she looks pretty sweet, fix her up too much and she will be a "Taker"
Post a Comment