We had a whole lot of fun during the week before Christmas. Em and Dave drove out on Saturday and we tried fit in as much as we could while they were here. We had a major Gingerbread House building competition. Our next door neighbors, Christin and Colby came over and made one too. The jury is still out on the winner but they all turned out really wonderful.


This one is titled "Mountain Haus", a traditional Swiss ski chalet. Notice the balcony out front which allow for enjoyment of the sweeping mountain vistas and yodeling. The licorice skis in the front kind of fell down, but you get the idea.

Next up we have "Christmas Village", a exact and detail oriented construction. The frosting icicles and individually cut roof tiles show an unmatched eye for detail. Precise indeed.

Lastly, we have the "Love Shack", and architectural accomplishment. Notice the cantilevered second story, pirouette pillars and mosaic necco stonework. The designer has obviously had professional training. Impressive.

We went downtown on one afternoon to a children's museum, and the kids had a fantastically good time.


The rest of the pictures are from Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Jack took this one which actually turned out pretty well. Em and I spent Christmas day cooking and it turned out pretty nice. I am eating yummy leftovers right now!










3 comments:
Looks like fun, that cardigan looks familiar ;)
That was awesome! I wish you could post that many picture every time. Looks like you had a wonderfully fun Christmas. I remember Christian smiling just like that.
I'm glad at least one of us got pictures up on the blog. Maybe I'll post all my Christmas pictures tomorrow.
Post a Comment