Thursday, December 30, 2010

Quarantined at Christmas Time

The beginning of last week was full of holiday fun. Here are the kids dressed up for church. My mother-in-law, Lisa, made Anna's adorable dress and Jack's matching tie. Super cute!

:
 On Wednesday, we met Christian after work and went to see the lights on Temple Square. It was crowded and cold, like always, but was really pretty and the kids enjoyed it. I had the brilliant idea of eating in a cafe next door to Temple Square to save time and enjoy the atmosphere. Everyone else had the same idea too:)




On the way home from seeing the lights, Jack started to cough a little. He woke up the next day with a fever and a full blown nasty cough. This is the point where our holiday plans started to change. On Thursday night, we stayed home and watched Toy Story 3. We brought down tons of blankets and pillows to the living room and just snuggled up. It was the first time any of us had seen the movie and we loved it.  On Friday, we had plans to go spend Christmas Eve with family, but decided not to go in case we would get them sick.  We did end up going to see Tangled that afternoon, since I guess it is okay to get strangers sick but not family. It was Jack's first time seeing a movie in a theater and it blew his mind. Anna was tired and was ready to go about half way through, but I just stood with her over in the entrance and that seemed to work. We all really enjoyed it and I can't wait until it comes out on DVD.  Later that evening, we put carrots out for the reindeer in the wooden shoes, and made some cookies for Santa. The kids went to bed early and so did Santa and his helper.


Christmas morning was really nice. The kids were excited and had a lot of fun opening presents. Here are some videos of the kids opening stuff: 



The rest of the day was pretty quiet. Christian and I were both sick at this point and we didn't feel well enough to make Christmas dinner, so we went to Ihop and let them cook for us:) We finally had Christmas dinner on Monday evening with our friend Mila. It was really nice to celebrate with good food, even if it was a few days late.


All in all, it was a quiet Christmas, but really nice. We enjoyed our time together and in some ways, I am grateful that we were forced to take a time out and stay home. It made us appreciate each other and also, made us remember how much we love and missed our other family. We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and that your New Years is just as merry!

2 comments:

Lizanne said...

Sooo CUTE! I love all the pictures and the videos were adorable! Anna is too cute! I hope you are all doing better, hopefully Anna gets over it quickly! That last picture is my absolute favorite I LOVE it!

Steve, Amy and Company said...

So sorry you were sick, but just had to say that THAT IS THE CUTEST DRESS EVER! Tell your mil GREAT JOB! It is darling!