Saturday, December 03, 2011

Cupcakes and Turkeys


Anna turned 3 last week! We celebrated her birthday on Thanksgiving with her two cousins, Will and Finn, who had a birthday earlier in the month. We had dinner down at Em's house, and in our rush to get on the road the night before, I forgot to grab my camera. Luckily for us, Amy had her camera and got a lot of really good shots during the day.  So if you've seen their blog, the rest of the pictures may look a little familiar :)

Here are some pics from the dinner. The food was amazing.



After dinner, we had a series of activities to keep the kids entertained while the adults rested and talked off their turkey lunch.
Spa time for the girls
Movie time for the cousins
Pine cone turkeys and other crafts

Every time we see a pinata at the store, Anna always asks for one, and so I decided that I would try and make her a festive turkey pinata for her birthday. If you're wondering why his belly is square, I couldn't find any balloons in our house and so I had to use ziplock bag. I was a little worried it would break after the first hit and so I went a little crazy with the papier mache. We ended up having to break it open. I don't think the kids minded :)



The November birthday cousins:

Presents and the loot from the pinata

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving with a couple of nontraditional aspects (cupcakes, presents, and pinatas) but it was a really fun day. I think we'll have to make some of those into family traditions.


No comments: