Friday, May 30, 2008

Why I Love Vermont

I was inspired by Jen and Dave's amazing pictures of scenery and thought I would take some while we were in Vermont. These are things that bring back good memories and are some of the reasons I love going to Vermont to visit.

I love Vermont's rolling hills, open pastures, and the sweet smell of the grass in the summertime.


One of the things I remember most about visiting my Granny on Stancliff road was the cows that used to graze nearby. A lot has changed on the road since we were little but it was nice to know that the cows were still there.

I know that they probably have covered bridges in other places in America, but they will always remind me driving through the Vermont countryside in my grandpa's old van.

2 comments:

Lisa in AK said...

Oh Mary it is SO BEAUTIFUL! I want to go there someday. I'll bet it brought back good memories of childhood fun. I used to feel that it Utah before it got so big and all the farmland went away.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures Mary! Is that "Emily's Bridge" that is so "Hauntingly Beautiful?" :)

Love the cows and barn pics!