Thursday, May 15, 2008

The zoo! (The real one, not our house)

We decided to take a trip to the zoo today because neither one of us had been in a long while, and it was a really sunny nice day. The Hogle Zoo is much nicer than the Alaska Zoo we were both used to, and Jack had fun looking at the animals and playing in the kids playground.

Standing with the giraffes


Checking out the camels


Looking at the albino crocodile. (That's not Jack's head in the pic, just some random kid)



Playing in the Gopher holes



I thought it would be therapeutic for Mary to see Jack climbing on a giant harmless spider, seeing as she has an intense dislike/borderline phobia of them, but this picture turned out just creepy. Who wants to play on a huge spider with fangs anyway, what was the zoo thinking when they made this??

4 comments:

Lisa in AK said...

Hey, don't be dissin' the Alaska Zoo, you grew up there. I can't believe you put Jack on that giant spider!!! Now Mary, Jack and I will have horrible trauma everytime we see it. Believe me, it was not theraputic. I think he makes a cute little gopher though.

Carly said...

How fun! But man, both the spider and the albino aligator kind of freak me out... I'm with you guys, who thought that spider was a good idea?

paula said...

I agree with everyone on the creepy spider. Shouldn't a zoo focus more on animals than insects. Actually, I thought the albino croc was cement so don't let me take any kids to the zoo...

Connie said...

Hey Mary, just so you know we changed our blog address to www.peterandconnie.blogspot.com. Sorry for the confusion!