They have finally started playing together and having fun. Granted sometimes that means trouble for me if they get in to mischief as a team, but they make me smile when they enjoy each other as friends.
Jack is a little music man. He loves to sing and dance. He gets a little frustrated when he tries to play his keyboard and can't play Mozart songs.
He has a hard time understanding when to use the word "why." Instead he says stuff like, "What are we going to the store about?" or "What do the birds fly about?" It is a funny mistake that he always seems to make.
The glory days of talking him into doing stuff is pretty much over. He has figured out that he doesn't have to obey and let's us know when he doesn't want to listen. I asked him today if he was okay and he said, "No Mom, I am not okay!" It seemed like such a big kid answer. He is still pretty sweet most of the time though!
Anna is figuring out how to talk and babbles all day long. She can tell us what she wants most of the time, which makes life easier for me, and she can stand up to her big brother, which is good for her. She gets in his face and says, "Be nice Jack!" I think she is going to hold her own with him in the coming years.
Anna loves to color and draw. Which is great except for the times she has drawn on the wall with my lip liner. She also loves to dress herself in crazy outfits- exhibit A below. She loves wearing fancy shoes, but if her feet are bare she brings me nail polish and asks me to paint her toes.
Most of the time she is a pretty happy girl. The other day I was sad about something and Anna came up, wiped a few tears off my cheeks, and said, "Don't cry Mommy." It is crazy she is so little but is big enough to comfort me! She is a sweetheart.
Finally, both the kids are obsessed with Halloween and we have had a lot of fun decorating. Anna kept going around pointing to stuff and saying, "Hillowee Duff" and for days I kept wondering how in the world does this child know who Hillary Duff is. I finally figured out that she was talking about the Halloween Stuff in our house and at the store. That made a lot more sense. You never know with these two though. They definitely keep us on our toes!









3 comments:
I love Hillowee Duff too! :) They are both just too cute. I'm going to start looking for tickets right now. I miss you guys!
I laughed so hard over the Hillowee Duff comment!! Thank you so much for all the cute pictures and comments. You will be so glad in years to come that you wrote those memories down that otherwise, believe me you wouldn't remember! You will be able to hear those little voices again as you read them.
Anna has changed from a baby into a little girl in the last few weeks. Boo Ha! (That's Boo hoo and yee hah together).
I love your kids! Why is it that girls lay on their tummies to color? It is so cute :)
Post a Comment