We started our move to Oregon over a month ago and sadly had our camera packed the entire time! We weren't able to take pictures with the family members we stayed with or the beautiful scenery along the way. So here is a quick recap of the trip sans pictures. We packed our Pod with all of our belongings and sent it on its way on July 2nd. As the truck drove away, Jack told us how sad it was that we were sending all of our stuff to the dump! Not even sure how he knows about the dump, but lucky for us the Pod was truly on its way to Oregon. We stayed with family in Salt Lake and Saratoga Springs for the rest of the week, which was wonderful. On Friday afternoon, the kids and I picked up Christian at work, and we started our long drive. We figured the kids would go to sleep since it was evening but they were too excited and stayed awake all the way to Boise, where we stayed the night. By Saturday afternoon we arrived in Vancouver, where my parents live. For the next three weeks we looked for a home to rent and played with family. We drove out to Tillamook, went to the coast, and also went down to visit Em and Dave in Monmouth. Christian started work on July 18th and has really enjoyed it, minus the traffic jams and long commutes when we were still in Vancouver. Finally on Tuesday we were able to move into a little house that we found.
It is a cute little cottage built back in 1930. It's located in the old historic part of town which is fun, and is also within walking distance of the library and a few parks. I've always wanted to live in an old house with some character, and this house certainly has some. Here is a couple of pictures from rooms we have finished unpacking:
I fell in love with this kitchen. I love the cabinets and the galley style counter tops. It is kind of fun cooking in a kitchen that wasn't built for modern appliances! The fridge is through the doorway on the right which is actually a side entry-way. While unpacking, we found two drawers lined with metal which would have been used for flour and sugar. I think they're wonderful because they are old and I love old things, but we haven't been able to figure out what to put in them since they are a little too old for our flour and sugar.
In our last home, the kids had to use the living room as their playroom. They lucked out when we found this house because we were able to give them a room just for their toys. They love it! It's the first room we finished. Getting them in there with their toys made it much easier to unpack.
Now that we found the camera and when we finish packing, we will post more pictures soon.




10 comments:
Oh my gosh, that house is adorable!! I am so excited to come visit you at Christmas! :) The kitchen is cute, love the color on the walls, and how cool that you can walk to the library! The kids look super happy too, glad it's been a good move for you guys so far!
we love your house! it is so cute. we also just about died when we saw that picture of jack and anna. we can't wait to see you guys and the house at christmas!
The house is adorable! It looks like its from a magazine! I LOVE Jacks Darth Vader costume! Jack and Grayden are going to have too much fun playing star wars at Christmas! Grayden just got a red and green light sabers for his brithday. Can't wait to come see you guys!
Very cute! I am so glad you posted some pictures and I am super happy you live near a library. No excuse for not reading our book club books now! We miss you tons but that house is so dang cute, looks like you will have a fun adventure while away from your real home!
Your new home is so cute! I love the blue the kitchen looked so cute! I am glad you guys are getting settled! We miss you a book club!
What an adorable house Mary! I hope you guys will be really happy there. It looks like your kids each grew about a foot on the journey too...they look so old!
I'm so happy for you guys. You couldn't have found a cuter house. I agree that old houses have so much character. It looks wonderful. I'm sure you guys will be so happy there! Enjoy xoxo Aunt Paula
Oh you guys! I L-O-V-E your beautiful new/old house. I am
mesmerized by homes that have a history, nooks and crannies, and darling kitchens like yours!
You guys made a great choice!
How fun to have a playroom for the kidlets. (I remember in one of our homes we made a playroom in a large closet, and the kids and I were in heaven).I can't wait to see more about your adventures as you go to the library, and get to know your new neighborhood.
Congratulations! And thanks again for spending some time with us before you left. We have great memories of you and the kidlets being here.
love,
aunt/nana 2e
OK... we must come visit. It's decided.
I LOVE LOVE your house! It is perfect and cute, and the kitchen is awesome! I hope you love Portland, it is a super fun town (the times I have been there anyway) and full of craft and fabric stores! I will have to come up with a list to send you :)
Post a Comment