Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Oregon Trail

 Our little family is hitting the Oregon Trail for real in a couple of weeks. Christian received a job offer near Portland and so we are packing up and getting ready to move. It is going to be hard to leave friends and family here in Utah but we are looking forward to new adventures and opportunities too.


This game was the best. Christian and I both remember wasting a lot of time playing it in elementary school. The version we played looked a lot like the one above. Really old school graphics and programming. Hopefully we won't have any broken bones or dysentery on the drive.

4 comments:

Lizanne said...

We are so excited for you guys! I hope you stay there for a long time so we can be close when we move back to WA. I remember playing the old school Oregon Trail too, ha ha, good times.
P.S. Happy Birthday!!

Li-Sha said...

we are so excited for you guys too! i love portland, it's so much prettier than salt lake haha. also, i remember playing that game at home on the computer and my whole party dying... oops.

Holly said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is sooo exciting! I love the Portland area, I am sure you will too. And it is closer to your family AND Alaska! Hooray for everyone!

Jaida said...

Mary, how exciting! If there is one thing I learned from our move this time last year, it's that home is wherever you make it. The logistics are totally overwhelming, but I hope that it's a great experience for you guys. Can't wait to read about your new life!