Monday, February 18, 2008

Ok, I am standing...now what do I do?

So I don't have a picture for this because I would have had to take one in the dark, but I will try to get a picture later. I put Jack to bed tonight but heard noises coming from his room pretty soon after I left. He sounded a little upset and so I opened the door and peeked in. Jack was standing up in his crib, which is a first for him. He was holding on to the side for dear life and his legs looked like he was doing the hula. He was so determined to stand that he didn't think about what would happen once he got up there. Rather than fall onto his backside he just held on and whimpered until I came in. So I laid him down, but a few minutes later I heard the same whimper and caught him standing again! Good thing we already lowered his mattress. Life is going to get a lot more hectic with him crawling and standing!

3 comments:

Connie said...

I laughed out loud at your description of his 'hula'. Just wait till he can crawl in and out of his crib himself! Thank goodness we decided to put our kids in toddler beds before that happened!

Carly said...

Humm... so strange but I used to have a link to your blog from my Bloglines but lately it hadn't been working and so I think it took itself off, then when I tried to re-add it, it said that there was no RSS feed, so maybe you need to change some settings. Otherwise you will get your own little place of honor in the sidebar. I hope you guys post more pictures soon!! I need a "Jack fix"!

Carly said...

BTW, I love the new layout! Very cute!