
The picture is a bit blurry but we wanted to show you Jack's talent of blowing bubbles in his drool. He has gotten pretty good at it but this was his biggest bubble so far. Normally we wouldn't be so excited about drool but last night, Jack's drool saved us a long night in the E.R. Earlier in the night Jack and I had been playing on the floor and, now that he can crawl, he was all over the place. I noticed him coughing a little and so I gave him some water. At that point he started to choke on something. I whacked him on the back a few times to get it out and started to panic a little. Long story short, Christian broke speed records to get home and the paramedics came by. Of course, as soon as they came, Jack was acting normal and they didn't see anything. As soon as they left he started to choke on something again and we drove to the E.R. As we were sitting waiting for a nurse Christian remarked that Jack sure was drooling a lot more than normal. I looked over and saw a piece of clear plastic in his drool. They made us stay a while to make sure he was ok, but were pretty sure that the plastic had been the problem. Anyway, thank goodness for drool and that it helped clear the plastic from his mouth. It could have been a much longer and scarier night than it was.
4 comments:
Hey you guys...Glad Jack is okay. I imagine you were pretty scared. I am so glad he is okay. Give him a great big hug and kiss from auntie Jen okay.:) Love you guys and miss you lots.
Holy crap, i'm glad Jack is ok. Aren't kids the best when they give us these kind of scares? Glad you guys are all doing well.
Wow that would have been scary! I am so glad that he is ok now! Thank goodness for drool indeed! Give him a big slobbery kiss for me!
We are so glad baby Jack is ok. Those hospital visits are enough to cripple you emotionally, even if they end up being less traumatic physically.
Post a Comment