Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jack and Anna

When we posted pictures from our trip to Rexburg we found a bunch of pictures that Jack had taken with the camera. Since we had some new pictures, we figured we"d do a kid-centric post and give an update about the rascals in our house.

Jack has fallen in love with Star Wars. It was amazing how quickly it happened really. He got a light saber for Christmas and wasn't sure what to do with it, so we showed him a clip from Star Wars. It was over at that point. It is all he talks about and all he thinks about. His first question for everyone he sees, including strangers at the store, is if they have seen Star Wars. Some days he wants to be a Jedi and some days he wants to be on the Dark Side. Here is an example of his indecision:

Jedi Face

Darth Face
He and Anna enjoy each other about half the day. The other half they are pestering each other. We hear that is normal. They love bath time and will spend hours in there if we let them. We figured out a fool-proof trick to get them out happily- heated towels! Just pop them in the dryer for a few minutes before the end of the bath and they are excited to get out. No more bath time battles!


Anna is definitely two years old. Sometimes she seems older and I have to remind myself that she is only two. She has some favorite angry phrases that she uses when she's upset. Right now, when I ask her to do something she doesn't' want to do,  she yells, "I WON"T!"  For a while she would just yell "EVER!" which didn't make a lot of sense, until we realized she was quoting a movie. It was hard not to smile with that one cause it was so random. She is a real sweet heart though. She loves to act like a cat or dog and will carry on conversations in meows and woofs. She loves to draw and has colored on lots of things, including on the TV with a pencil.


She is our little bag lady and will fill any bag she can find with random toys so she can carry them around the house. When we lose things, we just look in Anna's bags.

Here are some pictures that Jack took on our camera:

Sibling self portrait

Anna asking, "Who made this mess?!" (not really but I wish she would!)

And finally, the view from the kid's window

4 comments:

Lisa in AK said...

Looks like Jack is a born photographer! They are both so adorable I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Li-Sha said...

hahaha we laughed so hard at jack's darth face. love it!!

Carly said...

I love that when I was talking to you on the phone the other day, Jack was yelling out the window to some passerbys "Have you seen Star Wars?!" and you had to tell him to stop. So funny! They are a couple of characters for sure. I am so excited to see you guys in a couple weeks!!

Jaida said...

Awww, love this update! I think we've mentioned it before, but I feel like Anna and Brighton would be good friends :)